Why do we collect your personal information? magicJack collects personal information for the following limited purposes:
We do not sell, barter, trade or give away your personal information to third parties, without your consent and authorization, subject to the requirements of the laws of Nova Scotia and Canada.
How is your personal information maintained? magicJack stores and maintains personal information pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA") and the Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information created and approved by the Canadian Standards Association ("CSA Code").
magicJack adheres to the ten principles for the protection of personal information found in PIPEDA and the CSA Code. For an explanation of our policies and procedures relating to the principles set out below, please contact our Privacy Officer (refer to Part C).
2. Identifying Purposes. We are committed to openness to you regarding our collection and use of your personal information. We have outlined the purposes for which we collect and use your personal information above. Should we need to use your personal information for any purpose other than those listed above, we are obligated to seek your consent prior to such new uses.
3. Consent. Our Company is committed to ensuring that you are aware of why your personal information is being collected, how your personal information is being used, and for what reason your personal information may be disclosed. To this end, we will use all reasonable efforts to provide information to you on how your personal information will be used by us as well as to obtain your consent, whether express or implied, when you provide us with personal information. magicJack may disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to obligations imposed by law or statutes; (b) meet an emergency need; (c) as required pursuant to a criminal investigation; and/or (d) establish and collect customer debts in Court. In such circumstances we shall not disclose more information than is necessary. Please note that you are entitled to withdraw your consent for the retention and use of your personal information at any time, subject to certain requirements of the law. Please contact our Privacy Officer to discuss your options in this regard.
4. Limiting Collection. magicJack restricts the collection of personal information only to that information that is necessary for the limited purposes as noted above, or such other purposes as are identified at the time information is collected. We are committed to openness and to collecting personal information in a fair and lawful manner.
5. Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention We do not use your personal information for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected unless we first obtain your consent to do so. We retain your personal information only as long as it is needed.
6. Accuracy. magicJack is committed to maintaining accurate, complete, and up-to-date personal information about you. If you are aware of any changes to the personal information you have given us, simply inform us of the changes and we will update our records accordingly. You may review and correct your personal information by contacting our Privacy Officer at the address set out in Part C below.
8. Openness. We are committed to making information available to our clients and the general public about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information. We are pleased to answer any questions you may have regarding the collection, use, disclosure and maintenance of personal information. Please contact our Privacy Officer in writing or by e-mail to the address set out in Part C below.
9. Individual Access. You can request access to your personal information held by us. We reserve the right to confirm the identity of the person seeking access to personal information before complying with any access requests. Please forward your access request to our Privacy Officer at the address set out in Part C below. Upon formal request, subject to a limited number of exceptions, we will inform you if we have any of your personal information in our care and control, as well as providing you with details of such personal information. In responding to your request, magicJack reserves the right to charge you a small fee.
Our Privacy Officer may be contacted in writing or by e-mail at the address listed below:
Email: privacy@magicJack.com or Address: magicJack, LP, 5700 Georgia Avenue, West Palm Beach, FL 33405
Use our Phone Service for free, make all the free calls you please. 100% Risk FREE - you pay nothing. (Hurry, less than 10,000 magicJack PLUS are eligible to be shipped for the Free Trial Offer Today, . This offer is not available in stores and will expire.)